Lemon Blueberry Cupcakes (with Cream cheese frosting)
Recipe adapted from Cakestory
1/2 cup (113g) unsalted butter, softened at room temperature
1/2 cup (100g) caster sugar
3 large eggs
1 tsp vanilla essence
1 1/2 cups (195g) cake flour (I just used plain flour)
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup buttermilk
1/2 cup blueberries, fresh or frozen
Lemon zest for decoration
1. Preheat oven to 180oC and line 18 holes of muffin pan with cupcake cases.
2. Beat butter and sugar with electric beater until pale and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla.
3. In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt.
4. Alternately add the flour mixture and the buttermilk mixture in three additions, beginning and ending with flour.
5. Toss the blueberries in 1 tsp plain flour to coat - this helps the blueberries maintain their shape. Fold the blueberries into the cake mix.
6. Fill cupcake cases with batter (~2/3 full) and bake for 15 minutes or until skewer inserted into centre comes out clean. Remove from oven and allow to cool on wire rack.
Cream cheese frosting
500g cream cheese, softened at room temperature
160g soft icing sugar
160g unsalted butter, softened at room temperature
Juice of 1/2 lemon
1. In stand mixer with paddle attachment, beat cream cheese until smooth.
2. Add in icing sugar and butter and beat until smooth.
3. Squeeze in juice of 1/2 lemon and beat until incorporated.
- Fill piping bag with frosting and pipe swirls of frosting onto cupcake. If you have star tips, it would look even prettier! unfortunately I don't :(
- Place blueberry on the top together with a sliced lemon zest.
|Pro piping skills =p even without a tip!|
|pretty in blue :)|
|BakingTray & Cakestory|
.. not cream cheese! Oops!!
|New macaron flavour that needs a name!!|
|Check out our feast!!! :D|
Thank you Cakestory for sharing your knowledge and tips =) Hope to use this recipe again and try out other flavours!
|Wen from Cakestory and her delicious cupcakes ^_^|
So that's all from me in 2013!!! Off to Brisbane tonight! cannot wait!! :D
Still have so many posts yet to publish but that shall wait till next year =D
Happy baking people!!