Tim Tam Balls
Recipe adapted from Favourite Food Recipes
1 packet Tim Tams (250g)
250g block cream cheese, softened at room temperature
300g cooking chocolate (milk, dark or white.. it's up to you!), melted
1. Crush/Process Tim Tams. Add cream cheese and mix together until combined.
2. Roll into balls (1 tsp of mix). Refrigerate for 10 minutes.
3. Coat with melted chocolate and refrigerate until set.
|coated in smooth white choc~~and a sprinkle of MILO~|
|inside... Tim Tam deliciousness!!!|
Sticky Date Pudding with Butterscotch Sauce
Recipe adapted from Citrus and Candy
250g pitted dates, chopped
1 tsp bicarbonate soda
1 1/2 cups (375ml) boiling water
160g unsalted butter, softened at room temperature
1 cup packed brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla essence
2 cups self raising flour
1/2 cup brown sugar
150ml thickened cream
1/2 tsp vanilla essence
1. Preheat oven to 180oC. Grease and line rectangle baking tin (20x30cm) with baking paper.
2. Place dates and bicarb soda in a bowl. Pour over boiling water and stand for 20 minutes.
3. In a separate bowl, cream the butter, sugar and vanilla together until light and fluffy. Add the eggs one at time, beating well after each addition.
4. Fold through the date mixture (including the water) and flour until well combined. (The mixture may look really wet and watery but it'll work!)
5. Spoon the mix into baking tin and bake for 30-35 minutes or until skewer comes out clean. Cool in tin for 5 minutes before cooling on wire rack.
6. Make the butterscotch sauce but combining all ingredients into a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium heat, constantly stirring. When boiled, reduce heat to low an simmer for a few minutes until darkened and thickened.
7. To serve, prick warm cake all over with skewer and pour a third of the butterscotch sauce over the cake. Allow to soak through for 10 minutes. Cut into square pieces and spoon extra sauce to serve.
|More like sticky date cake slab! haha|
|Lil sticky squares ^^|
|With a chopped date on top :D all for presentation~|