Friday, April 3, 2020

Souffle Pancakes - episode 1 of Baking with Tray

After 2 years I'm finally going to revive this blog! Some of you may know I have an instagram account (@bakingtraybakes) where I post some of my bakes. Recently I have been starting a "Baking with Tray" live stream where I bake together with my viewers! It's been quite fun! So for those who have watched the first episode (A BIG THANK YOU!) here is the written recipe for you to follow :)

Please tag me if you have made these pancakes so I can see! 

I've put the weight measurements in as well as I know some people prefer that! (I do! It's the inner scientist within me haha)

Souffle Pancakes
Recipe adapted from Ddulgi 뚤기


Ingredients
2 egg yolks (27g)
2 Tbs milk
1 Tsp vanilla essence/extract 
4 Tbs plain flour (33g)
1/2 tsp baking powder (2g)
2 egg whites (65 g)
1 Tbs + 1 Tsp caster sugar (23g)

1. Place egg yolks in a medium bowl and whisk to combine. Add milk and whisk. Add vanilla and whisk.
2. Sift in flour and baking powder and whisk until combined.
3. Place the egg whites in a separate bowl. Using an electric beater, beat the egg whites on low speed until frothy (about 2-3 minutes).
4. Add half of the sugar and beat again for another 1-2 minutes.
5. Add the rest of the sugar and beat until the sugar dissolves (1-2 minutes).
6. Beat on high speed until stiff peaks form (You should be able to turn the bowl upside down without the egg whites falling out!)
7. Take one third of egg whites and place in yolk mixture. Whisk by hand until egg whites incorporated (It's fine to whisk harder at this stage).
8. Add another third of egg whites into yolk mix. Fold carefully (we don't want to beat the air out of it).
9. Add the last third of egg whites into yolk mix and fold carefully.
10. Heat a non stick saucepan on low heat. Wipe oil/butter over the pan. Spoon mixture onto the pan (making 4 pancakes). Place lid on saucepan and leave for 3 minutes.
11. Open lid. Add 1 Tbs water into the pan. Close lid and leave for 1 minute.
12. Place one pancake on top of the other (like a sandwich) then flip the whole pancake. Add 1 Tbs water into pan and leave for 2-3 minutes).
13. Remove pancakes from pan onto place. Serve with butter/icing sugar/maple syrup (or ALL THREE!) and eat immediately for best texture :)





Till the next episode!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love receiving comments/messages so feel free to drop a line :)