I don't really like walnuts but you need them in the brownie for texture! I'm sure you can use macadamia nuts and other nuts as well. This recipe is also good for the kids! We made it at Youth Retreat.
And the title of the recipe was actually called: The Best Brownies
- 125g butter, chopped
- 200g (1 cup) brown sugar
- 125g dark chocolate, chopped
- 3 eggs
- 50g (1/3 cup) plain flour
- 35g (1/3 cup) cocoa powder
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 150g (1 1/4 cup) walnuts
2. Place butter, brown sugar and chocolate in saucepan and stir over medium heat till combined.
3. Remove from heat and beat in the eggs one at a time using a wooden spoon.
4. Sift the flour, cocoa powder and baking powder into the chocolate mixture and stir till well combined. Stir in the walnuts.
5. Pour in prepared cake tin and bake for 30-40 minutes or until firm.
Best served warm with ICE CREAM (or custard from vanilla slice if you don't have any icecream xP)
|Brownie served with vanilla slice custard because there was no icecream!! -actually it all melted ><|
|mmmm love the crunchy topping, soft chocolate mix and crunchy walnuts!!!|