I only recently discovered Chai Lattes a couple of months ago! Call me stupid... but I always thought lattes were just another type of coffee.. and I dont like coffee! Only did I realise that it was more the chai spices and milk! really yummy :D AND... my friend also introduced me to the chai tea powder!!! Apparently they use this same one in cafes so now i can just make it at home :)
|makes awesome chai lattes!|
Chai latte cheesecake
Recipe adapted from Taste.com
250g ginger nut biscuits
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp ground ginger
80g butter, melted
500g cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup sour cream
1/2 cup caster sugar
1 tbs instant coffee powder
1 tbs boiling water
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
1. Preheat oven to 160oC/140oC fan-forced. Grease and line rectangular baking pan (20x30cm) with baking paper.
2. Process biscuits, cinnamon and ground ginger until resembles fine breadcrumbs. Add butter and process until combined. Press mixture over base of prepared tin. Refrigerate while making filling.
3. For filling, beat cream cheese, sour cream and sugar until smooth. Add eggs, one at a time, beating in between each addition.
4. Dissolve coffee in boiling water. Stir coffee mixture into cream cheese mixture. Pour over base and smooth the top. Sprinkle with cinnamon and chai tea powder.
5. Bake for 45-50 minutes or until filling is just set. Allow to cool to room temperature then refrigerate for 3 hours or overnight before serving.
|I love the sprinkle of cinnamon/chai tea powder for the finish^^|
|close up of cheesecake~|
Next up... another bundt cake :) I have previously made this for a friend's birthday but never saw what the inside looked like xD now I know... a tip.. maybe chop the apples into smaller pieces :)
Apple Swirl Bundt Cake
Recipe adapted from Magnolia Days
1 cup vegetable oil
3 cups plain flour
1 tbs baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
3 tart apples (Granny Smith recommended)
2 cups caster sugar + 3 tbs, divided
1 tsp cinnamon
4 eggs, at room temperature
1/4 cup orange juice
2 tsp vanilla essence
1 tbs unsalted butter, softened
1 cup icing sugar
4 tbs milk
1. Preheat oven to 180oc. Grease a 10 or 12 cup bundt tin.
2. In medium bowl, add flour, baking powder and salt. Whisk to combine and set aside.
3. Peel and chop apples into small pieces and place in large bowl. Sprinkle with 3 tbs caster sugar and 1 tsp cinnamon. Stir to coat apples and set aside.
4. In a large bowl, add remaining 2 cups of sugar and oil. Beat using electric mixer on high speed for 2 minutes to combine. Add eggs, one at time, beating well after each addition. Add orange juice and vanilla and beat to combine.
5. Add flour mixture and beat on medium speed until smooth and combined. Do not over-mix.
6. Pour a third of batter into prepared bundt pan and spread evenly. Spread one half of the apples evenly over the batter. Repeat layers. Top with remaining batter and spread to cover apples.
7. Bake for 1 hour or until skewer inserted into the centre of cake comes out clean. Cool cake in pan for 15 minutes then remove cake from pan and allow to cool completely on wire rack.
8. Prepare glaze by mixing butter with icing sugar. Add milk and mix until desired consistency they drizzle over cooled cake.
|Take a slice :)|
|Due to the apple pieces being so big... they fell out >< that's why there are a lot of holes..|
Still have quite a few recipes to blog about ^_^" so GET BAKING!!!