Very belated post but a late post is better than no post right? ^^"
I decided to take part in Sally's Baking Challenge in February! Sally is another food blogger (you guys should check out her blog here! It's so colourful and delicious!) and she has started these baking challenges where she posts a recipe and challenges you to bake it. So I took on the CHALLENGE!
Chocolate Lava Cakes
Recipe adapted from Sally's Baking Addiction
170g dark chocolate melts
115g unsalted butter
30g plain flour
60g soft icing sugar
pinch of salt
2 large eggs
2 large egg yolks
1. Spray 4 holes of muffin pan or ramekins with nonstick cooking spray and dust with cocoa powder.
2. Preheat oven to 220oC.
3. Melt chocolate and butter in microwave on high in 10 second increments, stirring after each until completely smooth and set aside.
4. Whisk flour, icing sugar and salt together in a small bowl. Whisk eggs and egg yolks together into another small bowl. Pour the flour mixture and eggs into the bowl of chocolate. Slowly stir everything together.
5. Spoon chocolate batter evenly into prepared ramekin or muffin cup.
6. If using muffin pan - bake for 8-10 minutes. If using ramekins, place on baking sheet and bake for 12-14 minutes.
7. Allow to cool for 1 minute turn cakes upside down to serve. Serve immediately (I suggest icecream and fresh fruit ^^)
These were really really easy!! Great to make for friends because they will sure be impressed with the oozy centre!