|this was the cake! from Jinda Thai~ photo credit to Cut to the cheese|
Pandan Pannacotta with Lychee jelly and Coconut creamIngredients
2 cups coconut milk
1 cup thickened cream
1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk
4 tsp powdered gelatin
1/4 cup boiling water
1 tbs pandan essence
1 tsp pandan paste
450ml tin lychees
1 packet (85g) create-a-jelly (Aeroplane jelly brand)
1. Place cream, coconut milk and condensed milk in saucepan over medium heat. Stir till all combined.
2. Add 4 tbs boiling water to gelatin in small bowl and mix to form a gel. Add gelatin mix into cream mixture and stir till gelatin dissolved.
3. Reserve 1 cup of coconut mixture. Add pandan essence and paste into saucepan and stir until combined. Remove from heat and allow to cool slightly.
4. Pour into jug and pour into plastic glasses (~1/2 full). Drain canned lychees (reserving 200ml lychee juice) and cut each in half. Place 3 lychee halves into each glass and refrigerate for around 1 hour or until set.
5. Empty jelly powder into separate jug, and add 1 cup (250ml) boiling water. Stir and dissolve well.
6. Add 200ml of lychee juice and stir well. Remove pannacotta from fridge (once set) and pour lychee jelly into each shot glass. Return back to fridge and allow to set.
7. Pour a layer of reserved coconut mixture into each glass.
7. Place shredded coconut on lined baking tray. Bake for around 10 minutes at 200oC or until toasted. Sprinkle coconut onto pannacotta and serve.
|3 layered glass dessert :)|