PEACH UPSIDE DOWN CAKE
2 tbsp butter
1/4 cup packed brown sugar
2 fresh peaches, peeled and sliced
Base - French yoghurt cake
1 cup plain flour, sifted
2 tsp baking powder
pinch of salt
1 cup caster sugar
1/2 cup natural yoghurt (or cream... haven't tried milk but I'm sure that would work out as well)
1/4 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 cup flavourless oil (only use if the batter seems too dry)
For the topping:
1. Place saucepan over medium heat and melt the butter and sugar.
2. Mix well, keep stirring until mixture starts bubbling and caramelises a bit
3. Remove from heat and set aside to cool. Once cooled, pour into lined cake tin and arrange peach slices on top.
For the base:
1. Preheat oven to 175oC.
2. Whisk together flour, baking powder and salt.
3. In a large mixing bowl, whisk sugar, eggs, yoghurt and vanilla extract with electric beater until well blended.
4. Still whisking, add dry ingredients bit by bit until well combined.
5. Pour oil into the batter and carefully fold in.
6. Pour cake batter on top of peach slices. Bake for ~30 minutes (depends on your oven) or until skewer comes out clean.
7. Take out of oven, cool on rack then carefully invert onto serving plate.
|Make sure you arrange the peach slices neatly :)|
|The top which becomes the bottom = UPSIDE DOWN ^^|