Just two simple ways you can use chocolate! Chocolate Muffins and Chocolate cupcakes!
Heaps of people ask me what the difference is between muffins and cupcakes. I would say its the method of baking and the texture of the cakes. Muffins are a one bowl and mix kind of method while cupcakes take a bit more time and involve creaming the butter and sugar. The text of muffins are a bit denser than cupcakes, which are more light and fluffy.
So let's start off with the easy one first: CHOCOLATE MUFFINS
80g unsalted butter, melted
2 eggs, lightly beaten
2 1/2 cups plain flour (sifted)
2tsp baking powder
150g caster sugar
40g cocoa poweder
200g Chocolate chips (or chocolate chopped)
1. Pre-heat the oven to 180oC.
2. Put melted butter, eggs, milk, flour, baking powder, sugar and cocoa in a bowl. Mix together lightly. Fold in the chocolate.
3. Place spoonfuls into muffin cases (until 3/4 full) and bake in oven for 20 - 25 minutes or until golden brown.
These were quite chocolately (because we put A LOT of chocolate) but you can put as much or little as you like :)
|Mmmm chocolately ^^|
45 g unsalted butter
1/2 cup brown sugar
20 g ground almonds
1/2 cup self-raising flour, sifted
1 tsp cocoa powder
30g cooking chocolate
1. Pre-heat the oven to 180oC
2. Cream the butter and sugar, slowly add the egg, followed by the ground almonds, flour and cocoa powder.
3. Melt the chocolate over a water bath and add to mixture. Mix together.
4. Spoon mixture into muffin cases (3/4 full) and bake for 20 minutes or till cooked inside.
|We iced ours with chocolate buttercream icing. Note the bear in the bottom right hand side =p|