Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Mum's banana and walnut muffins

My mum doesn't seem to need a recipe when she makes muffins. She just adds the ingredients and pops them into the oven and they are a success (most of the time =p). I guess she does have a basic recipe and then adds whatever ingredients/flavours she likes. This time since we had some really ripe bananas we decided to make banana and walnut muffins.

Ingredients
2 cups Self-raising flour
1 cup brown sugar
1 tub yoghurt (~150 g)
3 ripe bananas
Handful of walnuts
Handful of sultanas
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 egg beaten
splash of milk

As you can see some of the measurements are really rough xD but basically you just mix it all up in a bowl and bake at 180oC for 10-12 minutes or till golden brown :)
A quick and versitile snack =)

its my camera that makes it look a lil yellow ><

1 comment:

  1. haha "just mix a handful together...you know, a little bit, not too much" loool...but actually yeh I sometimes tend to stray off the recipe~ follow your instincts!^^ but I know your mum is a totally pro muffin maker:)

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments/messages so feel free to drop a line :)