Friday, May 1, 2020

Basque Burnt Cheesecake - Baking with Tray ep. 4

Hi all! I've been wanting to make this cheesecake for a while now after seeing so many friends and bloggers make it. It seemed so easy!

It's supposed to be the easiest cheesecake you can make, one that breaks all the rules because there's no biscuit base and you are trying to burn the top!! Funny because when I made it, my top wasn't fully burnt U_U But that's because every oven is different! I'm still learning about my oven with every bake! Now I know where my "hot spots" are in my oven. Will definitely try and bake this again with this new knowledge =)

BUT! A few friends made it with me and it worked out perfectly in their oven :) So I hope you give it a go as well!

Basque Burnt Cheesecake
Recipe adapted from No recipes

Ingredients
250g cream cheese (I used Philadelphia)
100g caster sugar
2 large eggs
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
pinch of salt
236ml thickened cream
15g cake flour (can use plain flour)

1. Preheat oven to 230oC and line 15cm round cake tin with baking paper. (Double the recipe if using a 20cm round cake tin).
2. Place cream cheese in a large mixing bowl. Beat with electric mixer/stand mixer until soft and creamy (~2 min).
3. Add in caster sugar and beat until combined (~1 min).
4. Add in eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
5. Add in vanilla, salt and cream and beat until combined.
6. Add flour and beat well until all combined.
7. Pour mix into cake tin and gently tap to allow air bubbles to come to the surface. Bake in oven for 25-30 minutes (really depends on your oven. Mine took 30 minutes). You will know when its ready when the top is a nicely burnt/dark brown, yet still jiggly in the centre. Remove from oven and allow to cool to room temperature. Place in fridge for minimum 4 hours then remove from tin, slice and eat!



The texture was amazing!! Super light and creamy! The burnt portion added a nice flavour as well. One of my new favourite cheesecakes!!

Happy Baking!! Till the next episode...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love receiving comments/messages so feel free to drop a line :)