I'm not sure about you guys... but when I fail a recipe.. i get annoyed =___=" and then I need to bake something else that does work XD hahha.. but yeh!! Another thing is that it just makes me want to succeed the next time!! AND THIS TIME I DID! MUahhaha >:D so happy =) So I hope if you guys had failed before... try this recipe!!! quite fail proof i reckon =p
I got this recipe from Kirbie's Cravings!!
1 3/4 cup cake flour - I used plain flour and it worked out fine
1 tbsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1/2 cup sugar
1 1/2 tbsp matcha powder (green tea powder) - i think next time I will add more because I couldn't really taste that much..
1/2 cup vegetable or canola oil
6 egg yolks
3/4 cup milk
6 egg whites
1/2 tsp cream of tartar
3/4 cup sugar
1. Preheat oven to 175oC.
2. Combine (A) ingredients in a bowl and stir well to blend.
3. Add (B) and beat with an electric mixer until smooth.
3. In a separate bowl, Beat egg whites and cream of tartar until moist peaks
formed. Gradually add 3/4 cup sugar, beating until stiff and shiny peaks are formed.
5. Fold 1/2 of the egg whites into the egg yolks mixture using a spatula. Stir and fold until no egg white streaks remain. Fold in remainder of egg whites.
6. Pour batter into ungreased 10" tube pan.
4. Bake for about 50- 55 mins or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Invert cake pan and let cake cool completely in pan upside down. (I inverted my cake onto a bottle so the neck of the bottle was in the pan hole ^^) When cool, loosen the edges of pan cake to remove cake.
|FAIL Green tea chiffon cake!! it sunk =(|
|Semi-successful orange chiffon cake.. just think it wasn't "chiffony" enough and too cakey xD recipe here|
|THIRD TIME SUCCESS (coz there is no such thing as luck =p)|