Tuesday, November 22, 2011

say... CHEESE-cake!

It was recently my younger sister's birthday and we were having a little *surprise* gathering for her so I decided to make the birthday cake!! It was also good timing because I had just bought cream cheese!!! which means... CHEESECAKE!! My sister just thought I was making it for fun... but little did she know it was for her birthday!

Happy 21st~~
The last time I attempted to make a cheesecake was YEARS ago back when I was in.. high school? we went over to a friends house to bake it~ back then i wasn't really into baking that much and the cheesecake turned out... alright.. a bit too dense and not so sweet. So this is the FIRST cheesecake I have made since BakingTray began =p

This is a frozen cheesecake (NO BAKING INVOLVED!!!) and really simple but the end result is delicious!! The recipe is from one of my fave blogs to follow.. Happy Home Baking :) you can find the recipe HERE or my edited version below ^^

STRAWBERRY JELLY CHEESECAKE

Ingredients:

Base:110g Marie biscuits(about 8 pieces), chopped into fine crumbs
40g melted butter

Filling:
250g cream cheese, soften at room temperature
50g icing sugar
1 tablespoon gelatin powder
40ml boiling water
1 teaspoon vanilla essence

1 box Jelly crystal (strawberry flavour)
1 cup boiling water
1 cup cold water

Some strawberries and a cherry for the top

1. Mix biscuit crumbs & melted butter together and press firmly with the help of a spoon onto the base of a 18cm springform tin. Chill for 30 minutes.

2. Slowly pour gelatin into a bowl of boiling water, constantly stirring until all gelatin is dissolved.

3. With an electric mixer, beat cream cheese , icing sugar and vanilla essence until smooth & creamy. Blend in gelatin solution and mix well.

4. Pour the cheese mixture into the cake tin. Layer the strawberries on the cheese mixture. Chill for at least 3 to 4 hours.

5. Dissolve the jelly crystal in the cup of boiling water, followed by the cold water. Pour the jelly on the cheese mixture. Let it set before removing from the cake tin.


blow the candles out~~

slice up~~


say.. "CHEESECAKE"!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. hey tray,

    it's the same recipe as the other one...my problem still lies on 3rd step...next time if u feel like making it again, tag me ur result on beaten creamy cheese..

    txs

    Y

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Y! yeah this recipe is a bit different from the mini-cheesecakes because this one is frozen not baked. I am thinking of maybe making another one this weekend so I will be sure to post photos when i beat the cream cheese :) dont give up!! haha

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments/messages so feel free to drop a line :)