Tuesday, November 8, 2011

A apple (cake??) a day keeps the doctor away :)

Who doesn't love apples? I have one almost everyday! And i love to use them in cakes as well =) This recipe for Apple spice cake had been in my "to-bake-list" for a while. I had been looking up apple cake recipes after a colleague at work bought one from her local bakery for another collegue's birthday. It was really sweet and moist and tasted just like a grandma's apple cake!! 

I baked this cake one weekend when I was in my "cake baking" moods. Actually no... it wasn't even a weekend but a weekend XD made it for the next day's lab meeting at work! Everyone seemed to enjoy it ^^ and even asked for the recipe! So here it is!!

APPLE SPICE CAKE
Ingredients
  • 1 1/3 cups vegetable oil (I only used 1 cup and it seemed to be ok.. even though my mum said it was a little dry =_=)
  • 3 cups plain flour
  • 1 tbsp cinnamon
  • 1 tsp baking soda
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 2 cups sugar (I used 1 cup brown sugar + 1 cup caster sugar)
  • 3 eggs
  • 2 large Granny Smith apples, cored and cup into 1/2-inch pieces (3 cups)
  • 1 cup chopped assorted nuts (I FORGOT TO ADD THIS T_T)
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract (I forgot this as well T_T)
Method
  1. Preheat oven to 180oC. Spray a 12-cup Bundt pan with cooking spray and set aside.
  2. Sift together flour, cinnamon, baking soda and salt in a large bowl.
  3. Combine vegetable oil, sugar and eggs in bowl and beat with electric mix on high speed for 3-4 minutes until well incorporated.
  4. Gradually add the dry ingredients into the bowl while beating.
  5. Add apples, nuts and vanilla and mix with wooden spoon until incorporated.
  6. Pour batter into prepared pan and bake until skewer inserted in the center comes out clean (~60-75 minutes).
  7. Invert cake onto rack and allow cake to cool before serving.
Using my new cake stand ^^ hehe...
They suggest to serve the cake with caramel sauce but I think I like it as it is. Enjoy this delicious cake ~~ mmm.. APPLES =D

1 comment:

  1. I love that last photo of that slice of cake on the cake stand, it looks like it could float out of the screen hahs...beautiful bake tray..

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments/messages so feel free to drop a line :)