Who doesn't love apples? I have one almost everyday! And i love to use them in cakes as well =) This recipe for Apple spice cake had been in my "to-bake-list" for a while. I had been looking up apple cake recipes after a colleague at work bought one from her local bakery for another collegue's birthday. It was really sweet and moist and tasted just like a grandma's apple cake!!
I baked this cake one weekend when I was in my "cake baking" moods. Actually no... it wasn't even a weekend but a weekend XD made it for the next day's lab meeting at work! Everyone seemed to enjoy it ^^ and even asked for the recipe! So here it is!!
APPLE SPICE CAKE
APPLE SPICE CAKE
adapted from: http://www.marthastewart.com/351254/apple-spice-cake
- 1 1/3 cups vegetable oil (I only used 1 cup and it seemed to be ok.. even though my mum said it was a little dry =_=)
- 3 cups plain flour
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 cups sugar (I used 1 cup brown sugar + 1 cup caster sugar)
- 3 eggs
- 2 large Granny Smith apples, cored and cup into 1/2-inch pieces (3 cups)
- 1 cup chopped assorted nuts (I FORGOT TO ADD THIS T_T)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract (I forgot this as well T_T)
- Preheat oven to 180oC. Spray a 12-cup Bundt pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- Sift together flour, cinnamon, baking soda and salt in a large bowl.
- Combine vegetable oil, sugar and eggs in bowl and beat with electric mix on high speed for 3-4 minutes until well incorporated.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients into the bowl while beating.
- Add apples, nuts and vanilla and mix with wooden spoon until incorporated.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and bake until skewer inserted in the center comes out clean (~60-75 minutes).
- Invert cake onto rack and allow cake to cool before serving.
|Using my new cake stand ^^ hehe...|