140g caster sugar
140g self-raising flour
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
1. Preheat the overn to 180oC.
2. Beat butter and sugar until pale and creamy.
3. Beat in eggs one at a time.
4. Sift the flour over the top then fold in.
5. Divide the mixture between two bowls. Stir vanilla extract into one, sift cocoa over the other and fold in.
6. PLace alternating spoonfuls of the two batters in the cake tin. Drag a skewer through the dollops three or four times to give a marbled effect (hence.. marble cake :P)
7. Bake for about 45 mintues or until risen and golden (really depends on how hot your oven is)
8. Transfer to wire rack and leave to cool completely.
IF you would like to add some icing here is the recipe:
150g icing sugar, sifted
1 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder sifeted
1-2 tbsp milk
chocolate chips to decorate
1. Beat together the butter, sugar and cocoa and 1 tablespoon of milk until smooth and creamy. If neccessary, add a little more milk.
2. Spread icing over cake.
3. Sprinkly chocolate chips on top to decorate.
I made this as a thank-you cake for lab :)
Perfect cake for all occasions!!! even birthdays! haha.. speaking of bdays..
*Happy bday Manda and Law :)*