Recipe adapted from Xena (thanks ^^)
140g caster sugar
2 tsp honey
5 tsp milk
180g plain flour
1 tsp baking powder
400g red bean paste
1. Beat eggs and sugar in a bowl till thick and creamy.
2. Add sifted flour and baking powder and fold till combined.
3. Add honey and milk and mix well. Leave batter to sit for 10-30 minutes.
4. Heat a non stick fry pan (medium not high) and place a dollop of batter in. Cook until bubbles formed then flip to other side. Cook for a few seconds and remove from pan.
5. Sandwich two doriyaki together with red bean paste and enjoy!
I also made some green tea dorayaki by adding 1-2 tbs of green tea powder to the batter. It's a great combination! I love how these pancakes and crispy on the outside because of the caramelised sugar :) yet lovely, soft and fluffy inside! If only I had the special moulds they would look like the professional ones.
|Crispy outside, fluffy inside pancakes with sweet red bean paste filling :)|