Peach season is almost over so time to use up those leftover peaches in the fridge! Whilst looking up peach slice recipes, I came across many blogs and websites sharing this recipe. Bill Granger is somewhat a famous Australian chef and there were many rave reviews for this slice so what was stopping me from trying it out!? nothing! haha! It seemed very simple =) and used everyday ingredients!
Bill Granger's Peach and Raspberry Slice
Recipe adapted from Kitchen Delights
185g (1 1/4 cup) plain flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder + 1/2 tsp extra
125g chilled and cubed butter
115g (1/2 cup firmly packed) brown sugar
115g (1/2 cup) caster sugar
3 peaches, peeled and sliced
90g raspberries, fresh or frozen
2 tsp vanilla essence
1 egg, lightly beaten
1. Preheat oven to 180oC. Grease and line slice tin (20x30cm)
2. Sift flour and baking powder into large bowl. Rub in the butter till resembles fine bread crumbs. Stir in both of the sugars.
3. Press half the mixture over the base of tin. Lay peaches over the top and sprinkle on raspberries.
4. Add vanilla, extra baking powder, egg and milk to the rest of the base mixture and stir well. Pour evenly over the top of the peaches and raspberries. Bake for 1 hour. Cool in tray, then cut into squares.
|Ready for catering =D|
|Thin slices but packed full of flavour|
I think I'm still in a cheesecake phase and needed a new cheesecake recipe. I've been sticking with the same Blackforest Cheesecake for a while because it's so easy but I think it's time for a change. While flipping through the Woolworth's catalogue I found this recipe for Cookies and Cream Slice! Essentially, it's an Oreo Cheesecake! Yum!
Cookies and Cream Slice
Recipe adapted from Woolworths
300g Oreo Classic Cookies
80g butter, melted
375g cream cheese
1/2 cup caster sugar
1 tsp vanilla essence
1 cup thickened cream
3 tsp gelatine, dissolved in 3/4 cup boiling water
200g white chocolate, melted, cooled slightly
1. Place 250g Oreo cookies in food processor and process into fine crumbs. Add butter and process to combine. Press mixtures into lined slice tin (20x30cm) and refrigerate.
2. Beat cream cheese, sugar and vanilla with electric mixer until smooth.
3. Beat in cream until smooth. Stir through gelatine and white chocolate.
4. Roughly chop remaining cookies and stir through the filling, then pour over the base. Refrigerate for 3 hours or until set.
|Black and white squares|
|Can you see the Oreo pieces?? =D|
I'm really happy with this recipe =) and got some good feedback from it! I think the only thing I would change would be to add more chopped oreos into the cheesecake mix but other than that.. super yummy =D