|WARNING: may get all over your hands >< haha|
Anyways special thanks to Terie for the real recipe :)
Ingredients: (just remember 3-2-1)
- 3 cups glutinous rice flour (make sure u use the right one!!)
- 2 cups of water
- 1 cup white sugar
1) Mix ingredients well in a microwave proof container
2) Put some oil in the the container. Mix well.
3) Cover container with lid and microwave for 5 minutes.
4) Mix well and microwave again for 1 minute until the mochi touches the lid (watch him grow!!)
5) Using the stick end of a wooden spoon, "hit" the mochi until the mochi does not stick to the container's wall (HAHHA! this is how we were taught xD)
6) Oil the surface of te mochi and let it cool down until you can touch it
7) Cut each mochi piece into the size you want
8) Place filling in the middle and coat with either nuts, coconut, glutinous rice flour.. the choices are endless!!
|We put palm sugar, nuts and coconut :)|
Possible fillings: Red Bean, palm sugar, peanut butter.. etc.
On a side note, I watch Julie and Julia last night!! i really like that movie!! its all about FOOD! (which i love).. and cooking food (which i also love) and BLOGGING! (which inspired me to keep the blogging)!! so if you love all those things! go watch it!! ^^