Sunday, November 20, 2011

Tiramisuuu-can-do-it-tooooo!!

Finally!!! I made my first TIRAMISU! =D I've been wanting to make it for ages but I guess I was too lazy to buy all the ingredients. BUT... my friend was going back to Malaysia for a holiday and she had just bought some marscapone cream that would go to waste....so she gave it to me :) (THANK YOU!!<3).


All I needed to get were the sponge finger biscuits and i was ready to goooo!! 


The recipe I used was originally for Tiramisu Charlotte cake from Happy Home Baker, however I did not have enough sponge finger biscuits to decorate the outside :( and didn't have any Marsala ... so this is an ALCOHOL FREE version :P 
but it still tasted GREAT!!!!


The cream should have covered all the biscuits >< oops!
This is the second easiest cake you can MAKE! (the first being Chocolate ripple cake =p) because its all about layering and no baking required ^^v


Ingredients:


Espresso Syrup:
1 tablespoon instant coffee powder
1/2 tablespoon sugar
1/2 cup (125ml) boiling water
Filling:
250g mascarpone cheese
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
3 tablespoons icing sugar
1 cup (250 ml) heavy/whipping cream

about 24 sponge fingers (savoiardi)
50g grated dark chocolate
cocoa powder, to dust

1. Make the espresso syrup by dissolving instant coffee powder and sugar in boiling water. Leave to cool.


2. Make the filling by whisking marscapone cheese with icing sugar, vanilla extract and 3 tablespoons of espresso syrup until blended.


3. Whip cream using electric mixer until soft peaks form. Fold 1/4 of whipped cream to the marscapone mixture with a spatula, then fold in remaining whipped cream.


4. Gently dip (not soak) sponge fingers in the espresso syrup and use to line the base of a 7" spring form round tin. Cut the sponge fingers into shorter pieces if necessary.


5. Spoon over half of the filling and spread evenly. Sprinkle graded chocolate over the filling. Repeat with another layer of sponge fingers and spoon over remaining filling. Spread and smooth the top and sift cocoa powder and grated chocolate on the top.


6. Cover with cling wrap and refrigerate for at least 4 hours - BEST left overnight! the sponge fingers soak up the flavour better :)


You can also decorate with fresh strawberries and other chocolate goodies!!


SLICE FOR ME :)

3 comments:

  1. The layers of the tiramisu look amazing...great job Tray. I haven't tackled a tiramisu recipe yet so I might keep this in my to-bake-list for the opportune time (:

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woooo!!! Tiramisu! One more thing on my to-do list. It looks fantastic, and right now I'm imagining the taste as it's put into the mouth... ooohhh!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks!! yeah its a definite must bake!! its very easy and tastes GREAT :) can't wait to see all ur tiramisus :)

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments/messages so feel free to drop a line :)