All I needed to get were the sponge finger biscuits and i was ready to goooo!!
The recipe I used was originally for Tiramisu Charlotte cake from Happy Home Baker, however I did not have enough sponge finger biscuits to decorate the outside :( and didn't have any Marsala ... so this is an ALCOHOL FREE version :P
but it still tasted GREAT!!!!
|The cream should have covered all the biscuits >< oops!|
1 tablespoon instant coffee powder
1/2 tablespoon sugar
1/2 cup (125ml) boiling waterFilling:
250g mascarpone cheese
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
3 tablespoons icing sugar
1 cup (250 ml) heavy/whipping cream
about 24 sponge fingers (savoiardi)
50g grated dark chocolate
cocoa powder, to dust
1. Make the espresso syrup by dissolving instant coffee powder and sugar in boiling water. Leave to cool.
2. Make the filling by whisking marscapone cheese with icing sugar, vanilla extract and 3 tablespoons of espresso syrup until blended.
3. Whip cream using electric mixer until soft peaks form. Fold 1/4 of whipped cream to the marscapone mixture with a spatula, then fold in remaining whipped cream.
4. Gently dip (not soak) sponge fingers in the espresso syrup and use to line the base of a 7" spring form round tin. Cut the sponge fingers into shorter pieces if necessary.
5. Spoon over half of the filling and spread evenly. Sprinkle graded chocolate over the filling. Repeat with another layer of sponge fingers and spoon over remaining filling. Spread and smooth the top and sift cocoa powder and grated chocolate on the top.
6. Cover with cling wrap and refrigerate for at least 4 hours - BEST left overnight! the sponge fingers soak up the flavour better :)
You can also decorate with fresh strawberries and other chocolate goodies!!
|SLICE FOR ME :)|