225g plain flour
55g icing sugar
1 egg, whisked
dash of vanilla extrat
110g caster sugar
225g hot water
85ml evaporated milk
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1. Cream butter and sguar until smooth, fluffy and light in colour
2. Add whisked egg, half at a time and beat. Add vanilla extract.
3. Sift in flour in two batches and knead into dough *I've found that the dough is a very soft one and I'm not sure if it's meant to be like that or not =S but it still has worked out*
4. Roll out dough to 1/2 cm thickness and cut out circles with cutter *because the dough is so soft you can just grab some and place it into the egg tart tins/muffin tray*. Press dough to line the tins.
5. Add sguar into hot water for custard, till dissolved.
6. Whisk egg with evaporated milk. Pour in sugar water and mix.
7. Sift egg mixture to get rid of any foam. Carefully pour egg mixture into each tart shell making sure not to let it overflow (coz burnt egg tart custard in the oven STINKS!!)
8. Preheat oven to 200oC. Position rack in lower third of oven. Bake tarts for 10-15 minutes until edges lightly brown.
9. Lower heat to 180oC. Once custard puffs up, pull open oven door ~2-3 inches. Bake for anohter 10-15 minutes until custard is cooked through.
If only ours looked like http://en.christinesrecipes.com/2009/03/cantonese-egg-tarts-recipe.html =_= hahah more practice!!