Sunday, June 5, 2011

Egg TARTS :D

Hey guys!! I haven't blogged in ages!! but I have been baking a lot ^^ So hopefully will get round to posting all the recipes!! As I've been baking i've realised there are a lot of baking equipment that I want/need! haha I should write a list! One of them are egg tart cases! you know the silver ones? Coz then it would be a lot easier to bake these egg tarts!! anyways the recipe is GOOOD =D =D I've baked it twice!! but still wanna perfect it~~
Ingredients:

CRUST
225g plain flour
125g butter
55g icing sugar
1 egg, whisked
dash of vanilla extrat

CUSTARD
3 eggs
110g caster sugar
225g hot water
85ml evaporated milk
1/2 tsp vanilla extract

1. Cream butter and sguar until smooth, fluffy and light in colour
2. Add whisked egg, half at a time and beat. Add vanilla extract.
3. Sift in flour in two batches and knead into dough *I've found that the dough is a very soft one and I'm not sure if it's meant to be like that or not =S but it still has worked out*
4. Roll out dough to 1/2 cm thickness and cut out circles with cutter *because the dough is so soft you can just grab some and place it into the egg tart tins/muffin tray*. Press dough to line the tins.
5. Add sguar into hot water for custard, till dissolved.
6. Whisk egg with evaporated milk. Pour in sugar water and mix.
7. Sift egg mixture to get rid of any foam. Carefully pour egg mixture into each tart shell making sure not to let it overflow (coz burnt egg tart custard in the oven STINKS!!)
8. Preheat oven to 200oC. Position rack in lower third of oven. Bake tarts for 10-15 minutes until edges lightly brown.
9. Lower heat to 180oC. Once custard puffs up, pull open oven door ~2-3 inches. Bake for anohter 10-15 minutes until custard is cooked through.


If only ours looked like http://en.christinesrecipes.com/2009/03/cantonese-egg-tarts-recipe.html =_= hahah more practice!!
Egg Tart

4 comments:

  1. The filling in the bowl must be the leftover, huh? It looks good, anyhow. I simply LOVE egg tarts. I used to buy them all the time, but now that I can make them myself, they seem to taste even better! Pity I'm not home much. I must try your recipe next time.

    I have an entry on egg tarts, if you want to have a look-see (click here: http://al-abidah.blogspot.com/2010/12/egg-tarts.html).

    As you can see I don't blog a lot on food, there are only 4 or 5 entries under my baking label: http://al-abidah.blogspot.com/search/label/Baking%20Adventures
    (if you want to, hehe).

    I hope I can have my own baking blog one day. But it'll have to wait until I get home in July!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sumaiyyah! I checked out your blog and your egg tarts look WAYYY better than mine! i think it would be better to buy the actual egg tart tins and also to make the pastry thinner! apparently it helps if you chill the pastry for around 20 minutes.

    Yes! we had a lot leftover custard! but that's what I love ^^

    hope u start up a baking blog!! its fun ^^

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gee, thanks! But you have so much more experience and knowledge in baking. I hope to learn from you. I love your recipes :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments/messages so feel free to drop a line :)