Bacon and Maple Caramel Slice
Recipe adapted from Baker's corner and also inspired by Epic Millionaire's shortbread by SORTED Food
3 rashers of streaky bacon
1 cup (150g) plain flour
1/2 cup (110g) brown sugar
1/2 cup (40g) desiccated coconut
125g butter, melted
100g butter, extra
2 x 395g cans sweetened condensed milk
1/3 cup (80ml) maple syrup
200g dark chocolate melted
1 tbs vegetable oil
2 tbs maple syrup, extra
1. Preheat oven to 180oC and line a tray and a rectangle baking pan (20 x 30cm) with baking paper.
2. Place the bacon on baking tray and cook for 15 minutes, until very crispy, leave to cool.
3. Blitz the bacon in a food processor until resembles crumbs.
4. Combine flour, sugar, coconut and 3 tbs of bacon crumb in medium bowl. Add melted butter and mix well. Press mixture firmly into base of prepared pan. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until lightly browned. Allow to cool.
5. Place extra butter, condensed milk and syrup in medium saucepan. Stir over low heat until smooth. Pour over base and bake for 20-25 minutes until golden. Allow to cool.
6. Combine melted chocolate, oil and extra maple syrup until smooth. Pour evenly over slice. Sprinkle with remainder of bacon crumb.
|Specks of bacon|
|the signage might have turned people off xP|
The overall consensus was that the bacon flavour was not that pronounced... could do with a bit more bacon XD My other suggestion would add some salt flakes into the caramel for a "salted caramel" filling ^^
I also had limited time to bake so made this no bake fudge! Super quick and easy! Only need a microwave!
Cookies and Cream Fudge
Recipe adapted from Kirbie Cravings
1 packet (150g) Oreos, crushed into smaller pieces
3 cups (510g) white chocolate
1 can (395g) condensed milk
1. Line 23cm square baking pan with foil.
2. Combine chocolate and condensed milk in large bowl. Microwave for 30 seconds and stir. Microwave for another 30 seconds and stir until smooth and all chocolate melted.
3. Sprinkle half crushed Oreos across the bottom of the pan. Pour chocolate on top. Sprinkle remaining Oreos on the surface and gently press to flatten the surface.
4. Refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight until set. Cut and serve!
|looks like cookies and cream cheesecake xD|
Hope you enjoy these super sweet and crazy recipes!!! Especially the bacon one! hehe.. can't wait to see what my next flavour combination will be!!