It seems like I am posting quite a bit on "NO EXCUSE FOR NOT BAKING" recently. For example no excuse that you don't have time because you can make a cake in 5 minutes! And no excuse when you say you don't have eggs because you can make an Eggless chocolate cake.
This week there are no excuses that you don't have an oven. These recipes are PERFECT for you ^^
It's been a week of days over 30 degrees!!! So hot! So didn't want to use my oven... so decided to make some "no bake" slices.
Strawberry Jelly Slice
Recipe adapted from Kidspot kitchen
1 packet (250g) sweet plain biscuits (I used Arnotts Nice)
100g unsalted butter
395g (1 can) sweet condensed milk
3 tsp powdered gelatin
1 packet strawberry jelly
1. Line baking tray (20x30cm) with foil or baking paper. Dissolve jelly in 1 and 1/2 cups boiling water. Place in fridge for 45 minutes until cool.
2. Crush biscuits in food processor until fine. Mix in melted butter and press mixture firmly into prepared pan. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
3. Dissolve gelatin in 1/2 cup hot water. Combine gelatin mixture with condensed milk in bowl. Pour over biscuit base and place back in fridge for 30 minutes until cool and nearly set.
4.Pour cold jelly carefully on top of slice and refrigerate until set.
5. Slice into squares and serve.
For thicker layers, you can use a smaller baking pan or double the ingredients. You can also use different flavoured jelly such as mango (YUM!) or raspberry.
|I like the layers ^^|
Just for a chocolate fix I made rocky road. It's also super simple and you can add whatever you like! I found this recipe but changed it up to what I wanted in my rocky road ~Personalised~
Rocky Road Slice
Recipe adapted from Taste.com.au
350g milk chocolate melts
350g dark chocolate melts
100g biscuits, roughly chopped
100g marshmallows, halved
100g raspberry jelly lollies, halved
1. Line a baking pan (20x30cm) with foil, allowing a 2cm overhang at both long ends.
2. Place chocolate in large heatproof bowl and melt over pot of simmering water (double boiler). Once melted, take bowl off heat and allow to cool for around 5 minutes.
3. Add in chopped biscuits, marshmallow and raspberry jelly lollies.
4. Press slice mixture into prepared pan, cover and refrigerate until set (~3 hours).
5. Cut into squares and serve.
|Squares of rocky road!|
|You can see the biscuit, marshmallow and raspberry jelly lollies^^|