White chocolate and raspberry cheesecake slice
Recipe adapted from Taste.com.au
250g packet Arnott's Scotch Finger biscuits
100g butter, melted
2 tbs boiling water
3 tsp powdered gelatine
375g cream cheese, at room temperature
1/4 cup (55g) caster sugar
300ml thickened cream
1 tsp vanilla essence
180g white chocolate, melted and cooled
1 tbs boiling water
1 tsp powdered gelatine
200g frozen raspberries, thawed
1. Line base of 20x30cm slice pan with foil or baking paper.
2. Process biscuits and butter in food processor until mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs. Use back of spoon to press biscuit mixture over base of pan. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
3. Beat cream cheese and sugar in bowl until smooth. Add cream, vanilla essence and chocolate and beat until well combined.
4. Dissolve gelatine in boiling water in small bowl. Allow to cool for 5 minutes before adding to cream cheese mix. Pour cheesecake mixture into prepared pan and smooth the surface.
5. To make topping, blend/process raspberries until smooth. (I had to add a bit of water to get it to a smooth puree). Dissolve gelatine in small bowl in boiling water then mix into raspberry puree.
6. Spoon raspberry mixture over cheesecake. Use a skewer to create a swirled effect. Place in fridge for 3 hours or until set. Cut into small pieces to serve.
|see? not very pretty..|
|Looks a bit artificially red here..|
Chocolate Lace Crisps
Recipe adapted from The Organised Housewife
100g dark chocolate melts
80g unsalted butter
1 cup caster sugar
1 cup plain flour
2 tbs cocoa powder
1/4 tsp bicarb soda
1/4 cup pure icing sugar
1. Preheat oven to 160oC and line 2 baking trays with baking paper.
2. Place chocolate and butter in small saucepan and melt over low heat.
3. In a separate bowl, combine sugar, egg, flour, bicarb soda and cocoa.
4. Pour in chocolate mix and stir to combine. Cover and refrigerate for 15 minutes.
5. Roll teaspoonsful of dough into balls and roll in icing sugar.
|balls rolled in icing sugar|
Place on baking trays (allowing room for them to spread) and bake for 15 minutes.
|Baking in the oven. Allow room for spreading~|
|Nice and crackly!|
|with sprinkles of icing sugar =)|