I used a simple vanilla cake recipe for a nice light cake and finished with buttercream frosting and sprinkles for decoration. It's supposed to look like a giant piece of bread :D I got this idea from Raspberri cupcakes Giant fairy bread cake.
Fairy Bread Cake
Recipe adapted from All Recipes
1 cup caster sugar
2 tsp vanilla essence
1 1/2 cups plain flour
1 3/4 tsp baking powder
1/2 cup milk
40g unsalted butter, at room temperature
1/2 cup soft icing sugar
1 tbs milk
1. Preheat oven to 180oC and line a 23xcm square cake tin.
2. Cream together butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs, one at a time, then stir in the vanilla essence.
3. Add flour and baking powder and mix well. Stir in milk until mixture is smooth. Pour into prepared pan.
4. Bake for 30-40 minutes or until skewer inserted into centre comes out clean. Remove from oven and allow to cool on wire rack.
5. For buttercream frosting, combine all ingredients in small bowl and beat with electric mixer until smooth. Spread icing onto cooled cake and decorate with coloured sprinkles.
|Light, fluffy piece of cake =)|
I brought this cake to work for a colleague's farewell because she said that she likes fairy bread ^_^" I'm glad she liked the cake~ it was nice and light =)