Anyways made slices this week! The first had the original name of "Golden M&Ms bars" but I've renamed it "M&M cookie slice" because it really tasted like M&M cookies.. just in a slice form!
M&M Cookie Slice
Recipe adaped from tasteofhome
113g (1/2 cup) butter, softened
3/4 cup caster sugar (I would recommend reducing to 1/2 cup)
3/4 cup brown sugar (again, reduce to 1/2 cup)
2 tsp vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups plain flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup white chocolate chips
1 1/2 cups mini M&Ms
1. Preheat oven to 180oC and grease and line 20cm square baking tin.
Cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs one at time and then vanilla until smooth batter.
2. Add flour, baking powder and salt to the batter. Stir in chocolate chips and 1 cup of M&Ms.
3. Spoon batter into baking tin and spread evenly. Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup M&Ms.
4. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack and cut into squares to serve.
|bursts of M&M colour ^__^|
Chocolate Cheesecake Slice
Recipe adapted from Baker's corner
250g plain chocolate biscuits (I used chocolate ripple biscuits)
90g butter, melted
3 tsp gelatine
2 tbs hot water
250g cream cheese, softened at room temp
395g (1 can) Condensed milk
1/3 cup lemon juice
1/2 cup cream, whipped
125g dark chocolate, melted
1. Process biscuits until fine crumbs. Add melted butter and press firmly into lined 20x30cm baking tin. Refrigerate for 30 minutes or until firm.
2. Dissolve gelatine in hot water in small bowl and allow to cool slightly.
3. Beat cream cheese until smooth. Add condensed milk and beat until smooth.
4. Fold in lemon juice and gelatine. Finally fold in cream and spoon mix onto prepared base.
5. Pour over melted dark chocolate and use a knife to create a marbled affect. Refrigerate until firm and cut into squares to serve.
|Delicious squares of chocolate cheesecake!|
|Bite size so you can have MORE bites XD|