anyways all credits go to Top with Cinnamon! Great food blog :) She made GIANT cookies!! But i made smaller ones... probably couldn't fit as much nutella
Salted Caramel and Nutella stuffed Double Chocolate chip cookies
Recipe adapted from TopWithCinnamon
1 1/2 cups brown sugar
1/2 cup cocoa powder
1/4 tsp salt
3/4 tsp baking powder
2 cups plain flour
100g dark chocolate chips
1/2 cup nutella
66g caster sugar
3 tbs water
3 tbs thickened cream
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 tsp salt
1. To make the salted caramel, put sugar and water into medium saucepan. Stir together over medium-high heat just until the sugar dissolves. Tilt and swirl the pan while the mixture boils (do not mix with spoon!). Keep swirling until it has reached a yellowish-golden colour. Immediately take off heat!
2. Add butter (be careful as may splatter) and swirl it in.
3. Stir in cream, then vanilla and salt. Place in small bowl and set aside for later.
4. To make the cookies, preheat oven to 180oC and line 2 baking trays with baking paper.
5. Melt butter in medium saucepan. Take off heat and stir in brown sugar and eggs.
6. Add cocoa, salt and baking powder. Stir until combined.
7. Add in flour and stir until combined. Stir in chocolate chips.
8. Take a heaped teaspoon (or tablespoon =p depending on how big of a cookie you want) of dough and roll into a ball. Place on baking paper and press lightly with palm of your hand. Use your finger to make an little well in the centre of dough.
9. Fill hole with small blob of nutella and top with salted caramel. Top with a little bit more dough and seal the edges.
10. Bake for 8-10 minutes.
Just to balance out the super sweetness, made some no bake Lemon Slice :)Lemon Slice
Recipe adapted from Diminishing Lucy
Ingredients1/2 cup condensed milk
200g Marie biscuits
1 cup desiccated coconut
zest of 2 lemons
1 cup icing sugar
20g butter, softened
Juice of 1 lemon
1. Grease and line 8 inch square cake tin with baking paper.
2. Place condensed milk and butter in small saucepan over medium heat. Stir for about 5 minutes or until butter has melted.
3. Process/crush biscuits until fine crumbs. Add to mixing bowl with coconut and lemon zest. Add hot butter mixture and stir until well combined.
4. Press mixture into prepared pan using back of metal spoon.Refrigerate for 1 1/2 hours or until firm.
5. To make icing, place icing sugar, butter and lemon juice in bowl. Beat with wooden spoon until smooth. Spread over slice. (note: for a thicker layer of icing, double recipe).
6. Refrigerate for a further 30 minutes. Cut into squares and serve
|lemon slice squares~|
|topped with zesty lemon icing :)|