This week I decided to have a WHITE CHOCOLATE theme! Found a bunch of white chocolate melts in the cupboard that I needed to use up, so here is what I've made with them :) First up, truffles!!! I've never made truffles before but have realised they are so simple! Of course, I could have made White chocolate truffles but wanted to do something a little different. So the question is, what flavours match with white chocolate? 1) LEMON and COCONUT =D
Lemon and Coconut white chocolate truffles
Recipe adapted from Max and Me
1/3 cup (80ml) thickened cream
250g white chocolate, chopped
2 tsp lemon rind, finely grated
1/2 cup desiccated coconut
1. Heat cream for one minute in bowl over pot of simmering water (double boiler).
2. Add chopped white chocolate and stir with metal spoon until melted and smooth.
3. Remove bowl from heat and stir in lemon rind. Cover with cling-wrap and refrigerate until firm (3-4 hours.. or overnight as I did ^^)
4. Line baking tray with baking paper. Remove truffle mix from fridge and roll into balls.
5. Coat in desiccated coconut and place on tray. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
|I think I needed to make more =p|
|Deliciously lemony ^_^|
So the next flavour match for white chocolate I have chosen is 2) PISTACHIO and RASPBERRY! Made some blondies - which are just like brownies but blond =p so made with white chocolate!
I've had many exciting foodie adventures recently that have given me lots of inspiration =) so thinking next week's catering will be a bit more.. creative? ^___^"
White chocolate, Pistachio and Raspberry Blondies
Recipe adapted from Baker's corner
270g white chocolate, chopped
38g butter, chopped
3/4 cup (165g) caster sugar
3 eggs, lightly beaten
2 cups (~300g) plain flour
1 cup (190g) white chocolate chips
1 cup (140g) pistachio
1 1/2 cup frozen raspberries
1. Preheat oven to 180oC/160oC fan forced. Grease and line base of 30x20cm rectangle slice tin.
2. Melt butter, white chocolate and sugar in large saucepan. Stir over low heat until melted. Allow to cool for 10 minutes.
3. Stir in eggs and mix well. Add flour, then pistachios, white chocolate chips and raspberries. Stir until combined. Spoon mixture into prepared pan and smooth surface.
4. Bake for 40-45 minutes or until mixture is firm to touch. Allow to cool in pan.
5. Remove slice from pan and cut into squares to serve.
|Look at the colour! LOVE IT! :D|