As I was making these, I felt like a real cook XD... adding a pinch of this.. pinch of that.. if the consistency wasn't right.. add a bit more liquid ^____^" They actually turned out quite nice. The kiwi fruit's citrus characteristics added tartness to muffins and the passionfruit seeds gave it an extra crunch along with the coconut (HAHA! sounds like a Masterchef description =p).
Kiwi and coconut muffins (makes ~16)
2 cups self-raising flour
3/4 cup caster sugar
1/4 cup dessicated coconut
|Nice and golden brown ^^|
1/2 cup milk
2 kiwi fruit, diced
1 kiwi fruit, sliced and quartered
1. Preheat oven to 180oC and line muffin pan.
2. Place flour, sugar and coconut in large bowl.
3. In a small bowl, whisk egg, yoghurt and milk with a fork till combined.
4. Place wet ingredients into dry ingredients and mix to combine.
5. Place spoonfuls of mix in muffin holes (~3/4 full).
6. Decorate with kiwi fruit and sprinkle with coconut.
7. Bake in oven for 12-15 minutes or till golden brown.
|Finished product =D fresh from the oven :)|
anyways... BE INVENTIVE =D you never know what recipes you might discover :D