Thursday, February 9, 2012

Waffling on about Waffles!!!

I'm not sure when my love of waffles started... it may have been when I went to Brisbane and had a baking/cooking day at a friends house where my friend brought her WAFFLE MACHINE! I think the only waffles I had previously were at Max Brenner (Chocolate dessert place). 

Belgium waffles from Max Brenner
My favourite waffles are of the Belgium kind. They are thick and crispy, yet warm and fluffy on the inside. There is this place in Melbourne, just near Flinders St station that sells REALLY YUMMY BELGIUM WAFFLES!! It's called Waffle On, Degraves St. So for anyone living in Melbourne or dropping by for a holiday.. definitely a place to go!
Shop 9, Degraves St MELBOURNE =D
I think plain is the best!! =) just a dusting of icing sugar~
Anyways my dear friend realised I loved her waffle machine so much that when she visited me, she bought me one as a 'thank-you' gift! Aww thanks!! we had many waffle parties after that.. I even brought it to work xD but recently it has just been sitting there.. alone of the shelf. So one Saturday night, I had a craving for waffles and decided to revive the machine. This recipe came with the manual for the waffle machine (Breville). There are SOOO many different recipes provided e.g Crispy, golden, butter, italian style...
Awesome waffle machine =D
I chose the Golden waffles =D

Ingredients
1 1/2 cups self raising flour
2 tbs caster sugar
1/2 tsp salt
2 eggs, separated
1 1/2 cups cream
1 1/2 tbs melted butter

1. Sift flour, sugar and salt into a bowl.
2. Beat egg yolks until thick, add cream and mix lightly.
3. Combine egg yolk mixture and dry ingredients, stir until smooth.
4. Mix in melted butter. Beat egg whites until stiff and fold into the batter.
5. Use 1/2 cup batter for each waffle.

Top with whatever toppings you like! Chocolate, fruit, ice cream, jam... OR be creative and make SAVOURY waffles! just add spring onion and ham :)

My brother's invention of savoury waffles! actually tasted REALLY nice :)
My sister's chocolate ganache and vanilla ice cream waffle! mmm

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love receiving comments/messages so feel free to drop a line :)