Ok so it's not the prettiest cake in the world but nice, sweet and moist cake with super crummy and sugary crumb ^_^
Super Crumb Coffee Cake
Recipe adapted from Sallys baking addiction
2 cups plain flour
1 cup caster sugar
1 tsp salt
140g unsalted butter, softened
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp bicarb soda
3/4 cup buttermilk (I just used just under 3/4 milk + 1 tbs white vinegar and left it for 5 min at room temperature)
1 large egg
2 tsp vanilla essence
2/3 cup brown sugar
2 tsp ground cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 180oC. Grease and line 20cm round cake tin.
2. Whisk flour, caster sugar and salt together in large mixing bowl to combine. Mix in the butter with a fork until mixture resembles course crumbs. Set aside 1 cup of flour mixture.
3. Add baking powder and bicarb soda into the remaining flour mixture. Add buttermilk, egg and vanilla and mix until batter is smooth and fluffy. Pour the batter into prepared tin, smoothing the top.
4. Add brown sugar and cinnamon to reserved flour mixture. Sprinkle the crumbs over the batter, pressing lightly so they stick.
5. Bake for 45-50 minutes or until skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. Allow to cool for 10 minutes then remove from tin.
|Finished cake! not the neatest...|
|Deliciously moist :D|