One of my favourite Korean dishes I always order at restaurants is DDEOKBOKKI - Korean spicy rice cakes! It's more of a street food in Korea but I just love the chewiness of the rice cake tubes and the flavour of it. Little did I know how easy it was! Don't think I need to order it from restaurants anymore xD
Recipe adapted from Maangchi and Seoul Taste
|This is what you need :) The basic ingredients.|
500g cylinder shaped rice cake (ddeok)
1 fish cake sliced
2 hard boiled eggs
1 medium onion, sliced
4 cups of water
3 tbsp hot pepper paste (gochujang)
1 tbsp hot pepper flakes (gochugaroo)
1 tbsp soy sauce
1 tbsp honey
1 tsp caster sugar
1 packet instead noodles
So you are supposed to have anchovies and dried sea kelp which I didn't have... so I just skipped that part ><"
1. Place water into shallow pot or pan and bring to boil.
2. Combine hot pepper paste, hot pepper flakes, sugar, soy sauce and honey in a small bowl.
3. Add onions and hot pepper paste mixture to water and gently stir with wooden spoon when it starts to boil. Boil over medium heat for around 5 minutes.
4. Add in rice cakes, fish cake and boiled eggs and continue to boil until rice cake turns soft and sauce thickens and looks shiny (~10-15 minutes).
5. Add noodles and cook until desired texture. Remove from heat and serve.
|My yummy lunch =D|
The other day I received a gift from a friend! It was instant Jjajangmyun :D (짜장면) Korean Black bean noodles! I think it's my second favourite dish =p It was PALDO brand! SO GOOOOD!!!! you just boil the noodles and then add the sauce~ I also fried some onions and potatoes :) Made some Hoddeok on the side ^^ for a KOREAN LUNCH FEAST!
|Hoddeok with instant Jjajangmyun! what more could u ask for? :)|
|mix it up all together and sllluurrrpp! just like in the drama XD|
OK! last blog entry before my holiday!!! Keep baking =D!!!!