Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Cookie cravings...

My brother had cravings for cookies the other day. 
He asked me "Do you want to make something?" 
Me: "Something... like what?" 
Bro: "Cookies?" 
Me: "What flavour?
Bro: "Hmm... something white chocolate? macadamia nuts?"
But that day I was quite tired and didn't feel like baking xD haha!! But the next day I had a bad lunch experience ><" So needed to go home and bake something delicious! hehe.. I recently saw a post by DailyDelicious for some chewy choc chip cookies! So I used that recipe and made my own flavour~ 

This recipe did not need to cream the butter and sugar (BONUS!) so it was easy and didn't take much time at all! :) 

Raspberry, white chocolate and macadamia cookies
Recipe adapted from dailydelicious

Ingredients
300g plain flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
170g unsalted butter, melted and cooled until slightly warm
180g brown sugar
90g caster sugar
2 eggs
2 tsp vanilla essence
150g white chocolate chips
1/2 cup macadamia halves
1/4 cup frozen raspberries, chopped

1. Preheat oven to 180oC. Line 2 baking trays with baking paper.
2. Whisk together melted butter and sugar until fully combined.
3. Stir in eggs and vanilla.
4. Sift in flour and baking powder and stir to combine.
5. Fold in chocolate chips, macadamia nuts and raspberries into the batter.
6. Place spoonfuls of dough onto baking trays - making sure to leave room for cookies to spread.
7. Bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown. Let cool before removing from tray.

When these first came out of the oven.. they were hard.. but after they were cooled they were nice and soft =D Brought some to work and they were nearly all gone by the day's end :) 
Cookies cooling on trays~~ ^_^

1 comment:

  1. Hey hey Tray! I feel so bad for not visiting you for such a long time! You've been quite busy and posted so many lovely stuff! I love raspberries but of course they're not grown here. You can get them at Tesco but they're really expensive. Oh how I wish I could have one or two or ten of those cookies! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments/messages so feel free to drop a line :)