I still had a few packets of Oreos from last week's catering so after searching for Oreo recipes, I came across Oreo Biscotti!!! Biscotti has been on my To-Bake-List for ages!!! For some reason, I've always thought it would be hard to make :/ I was so WRONG! This is one of the easiest things I've made XD Especially because I can put everything in my stand mixer~~ hehe! So give it a go! :)
Recipe adapted from Mom Advice
1 cup caster sugar
1/3 cup (75g) butter, melted
2 tsp vanilla essence
3 cups plain flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
2 cups Oreo cookies, coarsely chopped
1. Preheat oven to 180oC. Line 2 baking trays with baking paper.
2. Mix sugar, butter, eggs and vanilla in large bowl until well blended. (You can throw everything in a large bowl and let the stand mixer do it's job :D)
3. Add flour, baking powder and salt. Mix well. Stir in chopped oreos.
4. Divide dough in half. Shape each half into 23cm loaf on prepared baking tray. Bake for 25-30 minute or until golden brown and toothpick inserted into centre comes out clean. Remove from oven and allow to cool for 10 minutes.
5. Cut each loaf into 15 slices about 1 cm thick. You can slice it thinner for a crunchier and thinner biscotti. Place slices flat on baking tray. Bake for another 8-10 minutes on each side or until lightly toasted on both sides. Cool completely on wire rack.
These would taste lovely with a cup of hot chocolate or tea or coffee! Or maybe you could drizzle them with melted chocolate or dip one end in chocolate ^__^
The next recipe is for peanut butter lovers again~ Although these weren't too peanut buttery for those who don't like peanut butter. Win win for both =p
Peanut butter chocolate chip cookies
Recipe adapted from Daily Delicious
100g salted butter
90g caster sugar
85g brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla essence
1 1/4 tsp baking powder
200g plain flour
150g chunky peanut butter
70g chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 170oC. Line 2 baking trays with baking paper.
2. Beat butter until softened. Beat in sugar until light and fluffy.
3. Beat in the egg and vanilla until combined. Add in peanut butter and beat until combined.
4. Sift in the flour and baking powder. Pour in the chocolate chips and fold to combine.
5. Place teaspoonsful (or tablespoonsful if you want larger cookie) on baking tray. Bake for 15 minutes. Allow to cool then reduce oven temperature to 150oC and dry cooled cookies in the oven for 10 minutes.
|Not super round~~|