Don't you just love the long weekend? =D You can sleep in, go out on day trips or just stay at home and bake! (which is what I did a lot of ^^). I tried to make the most of the the time I had and decided to make bread (as that needs time to rise). I baked some savoury scrolls using the Cinnamon Scroll recipe but added different fillings - sweet chilli and ham and cheese & basil pesto and cheese.
|savoury scrolls! Sweet chilli, ham and cheese & Basil pesto and cheese|
|Savoury croissants filled with bacon, chives and cheese|
The cake is lovely, buttery and soft while the apple and raspberries give a good tang and to top it off, the crumble is crunchy and sweet! Just an irresistible cake! Was gone in 2 days!
Apple and Raspberry Crumble Cake
Recipe adapted from taste.com.au
200g butter, at room temperature
155g (3/4 cup) caster sugar
2 tsp vanilla essence
150g (1 cup) self-raising flour
150g (1 cup) plain flour
185ml (3/4 cup) milk
1 Granny smith apple, peeled, cored, thickly sliced
100g raspberries, frozen or fresh
75g (1/2 cup) plain flour
50g chilled butter, chopped
55g (1/4 cup, firmly packed) brown sugar
1. Preheat oven to 180oC. Grease and line a round 20cm springform pan.
2. Beat butter, sugar and vanilla with electric mixer until pale and creamy.
3. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
4. Fold in combined flour and milk with large metal spoon until well combined.
5. Spoon into prepared pan. Use the back of the spoon to smooth the surface. Arrange the apple and raspberries on top.
|Apple and raspberries arranged on cake|
7. Sprinkle the crumble topping over the apple and raspberries.
8. Bake in oven for about 1 hour or until a skewer inserted into centre comes out clean. Leave in pan to cool before transferring to wire rack.
|YUMMMMYYYY! =D =D =D|
|Breakdown of the cake.|