Thursday, February 14, 2013

Work catering #9: Caramel slice & Banana Cake

One week seems to go by so fast! Before I know it I have to start looking for inspiration for my next bake! I do have a list of recipes that I have saved so that's always good to browse. (Also if you have any suggestions or have recipes that you have wanted to try out.. do let me know ^^).
On my new cake stand ^_^

I was thinking about classic cakes to bake and thought, I hadn't made a banana cake yet plus I'm still loving the ready made cream cheese frosting ;p

I also had my colleague's caramel slice recipe in my email and decided to give it a go! Maybe not the best time to try out a recipe.... but I think it turned out ok! Despite not having the right coconut, burning the caramel and using a cake tin that was too large! haha.. what could go wrong DID go wrong.. but in the end.. turned out ok =) Edible... 

Unfortunately I can't post this recipe because its a secret =p BUT.. There are other recipes out there which I will try and then I can share :)
Ready to serve!

Close up of caramel slice

Banana Cake
Recipe adapted from Glorious Treats

Ingredients
3/4 cup caster sugar (I used half and half brown sugar)
1/2 cup (115g) sour cream
2 eggs
3 tbs melted butter
2 mashed over ripe bananas (~3/4 cup)
1 1/2 tsp vanilla essence
1 1/2 cups plain flour
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
250g ready made cream cheese frosting
100g walnut crumbs

1. Preheat oven to 180oC. Grease baking tin (I used 20cmx30cm and doubled this recipe)
2. Whisk together sugar, sour cream, eggs, butter, banana and vanilla until well combined.
3. Add flour, cinnamon, salt, baking soda and baking powder. Stir with whisk or spoon until well combined and smooth.
4. Pour batter into prepared pan and bake for ~30 minutes or until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean.
5. Cool cake in tin before removing from tin. Spread frosting onto cooled cake and sprinkle walnut crumbs.
Banana cake with delicious cream cheese frosting
Squares of banana cake
MISSING PIECE :O haha
Ready for catering!
Close up of banana cake
My friend is speaking at the next lunch time seminar!! She's a CHOCOHOLIC so stay tuned for some chocolatey treats (hopefully!)

1 comment:

  1. Wow Tray, you are still going strong as ever in baking! These banana slices look lovely especially when you serve it on the high tea cake stand. I look forward to your chocolatey treats...with all the chocolates on sale because of Valentines Day, this is a good time for a chocolate bake.

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments/messages so feel free to drop a line :)