Anyways decided to bake this BLUEBERRY CRUMBLE SLICE for fun :) and wanted to test this recipe out anyways ^^ The crumble wasn't as "crumbly" as I would have liked when I sprinkled it on top of the slice, but after it was baked it was nice and crispy ^^ It's also not too sweet ~
BLUEBERRY CRUMBLE SLICE
Recipe adapted from My Kitchen Snippets
6 tbs butter
1/2 cup caster sugar
2 tbs sour cream
1 tsp vanilla essence
1 cup plain flour
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking powder
2 cups frozen blueberries (or if you have fresh even better!
3 tbs butter, softened
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup plain flour
1. Grease and line square baking tin (8" x 8"). Preheat oven to 180oC.
2. Place crumble ingredients in small bowl and mix until resembles course breadcrumbs.
3. In separate bowl, beat butter, sugar, vanilla and sour cream with electric beater until light and fluffy.
4. Add eggs one and at time, beating well after each addition.
5. Sift in flour, salt and baking powder and mix until combined.
5. Spread batter evenly into baking pan. Cover the top of batter with blueberries (pressing berries slightly into the batter). Sprinkle the crumble topping over the blueberries.
6. Bake for 30-40 minutes or until golden brown. Allow to cool in pan before removing and slicing up.
|Golden crumbly topping~~|
|Slice =D =D|