|happy australia day!|
Fruit Pastry Cake
100g butter, softened
180g caster sugar
3 eggs, lightly beaten
1 tsp vanilla essence
210g plain flour
1 tsp baking powder
500g fruits (I used strawberries, blueberries and peaches)
1. Preheat oven to 180oC and grease, line 9 inch round cake tin.
2. Cream butter, sugar and yoghurt with electric mixer till light and fluffy.
3. Add eggs gradually and bieat till incorporated in the batter. Add vanilla essence and mix to combine.
4. Sift over flour and baking poweder and mix till smooth using wooden spoon or spatula.
5. Pour batter into prepared pan and smoopth the top with a spatula.
6. Arrange fruits on top WITHOUT pressing down.
7. Bake for 45-50 minutes or until skewere comes out clean when inserted. Cover the top with foil in the last 15 minuts to prevent the top from burning.
8. Leave the cake to cool in pan and transfer to wire rack.
|lots of fresh summer fruits! Yummy ^^|