These delicious and cute looking "icecreams" are actually cupcakes in disguise!! I love this idea (my cousin found it in a kids recipe book) of putting cake into cones! Kids love it as well! We made it for Young Childrens Day and the kids loved helping out! The best part was decorating the cones with little lollies and you can be as creative as you want! It was funny seeing the little kids licking the cones like icecream xD
I used a simple vanilla cupcake recipe and then coated with a chocolate ganache and the toppings can be anything!
For the cupcakes:
- 125g butter, softened
- 3/4 cup caster sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla essence
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups self-raising flour
- 1/2 cup milk
1. Preheat oven to 190oC. Grease/line 12 cup muffin pan.
2. Beat butter, sugar, vanilla with an electric mixer until pale. Beat in eggs, 1 at a time.
3. Sift flour into over mixture and stir until almost combined. Stir in milk.
4. Spoon mixture into muffin holes and bake for 15 minutes.
-for chocolate cupcakes just substitute vanilla essence with 1 tbs cocoa powder-
|Freesia and I with our cupcakes :)|
1. Melt 300g cooking chocolate with 300ml thickened cream in a bowl over a pot of simmering water.2. Remove to cool.
1. Cut cupcakes using a cookie cutter to the appropriate size and place into cone.
2. Dip cupcake into chocolate coating.
3. Decorate with lollies... sprinkles... chocolate..
|Beautifully decorated!! so colourful!|
|HAHA! if only this pic wasn't blurry =p hilarious!! chomping down!!!|